End of the Year

Well, it's the end of the year and I'm looking forward to the new one. Each month that passes brings me closer to seeing John again. It's been quite an interesting year! John moved to the West side of the country in January and we got to spend almost a weekend a month together for the first half of the year. We got married on June 13th and got to spend a week together in the Seattle area for our "mini-moon". The first week after the wedding was very humbling. Seeing John so devoted to taking care of me was awesome. I knew of course that he was willing to take care of me, but his enthusiasm made me feel so precious. Our honeymoon was also wonderful. It was strange to take a vacation without any of my family, but John is my family now. After being together for five years I get to say that.
Saying goodbye to John in August was very difficult. I was so used to getting to see him often that the first two weeks after he was gone were heart crushing. I made some goals to keep me busy until school started and once classes began at the end of August the time started to fly by. I had a big course-load, but I managed to get all A's again this semester. I spent the Holidays with my family, and I'm here at my brother's townhouse with his girlfriend and my sister to celebrate the New Year. I wish John could be here, because I know he would love all the games we are going to play tonight.
Last year John and I spent our first New Year's Eve together. We spent the evening having an Indiana Jones movie marathon. I hope that by the time we are ready to ring in the year 2011 that John and I can celebrate together again.
0 Responses