Holidays

I hope that everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! This Thanksgiving I learned how to make a few new dishes: fruit stuffing, vegetarian gravy, and ratatouille penne bake. Now that it is over I have a fridge full of leftovers and Christmas on my mind. I will be mailing John's Christmas presents on Monday to ensure that it arrives before Christmas even if the postal office is swamped with packages. My sister and I have already pulled out our Christmas decorations and have decked the house in our assorted garlands, lights, and figurines.

I have to say that these are my favorite of my decorations and ornaments:


This angel I got a few years ago. I love the gold detailing on the dress.


Here is a close up.


This ornament I got in 2007 and put a photo of John and me in it that was taken on his leave during his first deployment.


This deer I just got this year, it has the sweetest face!


When I pulled out the sheet to use at the backdrop for the photos my cat Dmitri decided he had to be a part of the action! He loves Christmas, he likes to pretend to chew on fake trees, it's the strangest thing.


My general theme for holiday decorating is gold, trees, and "realistic" (not cartoony) reindeer.
0 Responses