Furbabies

Last week featured Dmitri, my six year old black cat. I have another cat named Zanita which was given to me by John for my seventeenth birthday, she is four years old.



Both of my cats sleep on the bed with me, especially Zanita. Last summer when John and I got married Zanita was pretty freaked out about John. At first she only hid under the bed when he came into the room. One night, however, I guess John had the opportunity to pet her and she decided he wasn't so bad. In the middle of the night she jumped up and slept on John's feet. John half-woke up and was complaining about the cat so I picked her up and put her on my side of the bed. She purred and purred until morning when I woke up to use the bathroom. Zanita had been sleeping near the wall at the foot of the bed, but when I returned to the bedroom I found Zanita lying right on my pillow, purring and STARING at John! Zanita has never lain on pillows before, but I guess she fell in love with John because she refused to move away from him. The next few nights she continued trying to cuddle with John at night, but he wasn't a fan of that since it was so hot last summer.
0 Responses