The Wedding Reception

The wedding reception followed immediately after the ceremony a few yards away under a 40'x40' tent. The catering was all done by the UofI, including our beautiful cake. Unless otherwise mentioned, all the photos were taken by the professional photographer.


My mother and I spent a whole year visiting antique stores looking for tea-related items for the centerpieces (such as teapots, teacups, cream and sugar bowls, and serving trays). In the weeks leading up to the wedding, I created arrangements with all the items and my friends put everything together on the day of.


Photo taken by my aunt Sue. The wedding cake was three tiers, the bottom and top layers were white cake with strawberry filling and the middle layer was yellow with chocolate truffle mousse. The baker went a little bit overboard with the decorations to go with my gnome cake topper, but it turned out wonderfully!


My brother gave John a toast in place of John's best man. It was such a sweet gesture and I am so grateful he agreed to toast! John's dad, my mother, and John also gave toasts, it was our favorite part of the reception!


Our first dance was to "Fly" by Sara Groves. You can see John's bullet cufflinks in this photo!


My father and me. We had a parent-child dance to "You Raise Me Up" sung by Celtic Woman.


John and his mother.


John's parents' friends were willing to let us use their 1969 corvette as our "getaway car". We only drove to my house where we swapped out for a different one to drive to Spokane.


All in all, it was the best day of my life thus far and each time I look at these photos and think of all the memories I get so excited for our future together.
0 Responses